The popular use of plastic windows proved the need for shutters. As a result, cassette blinds became popular. They offer a stylish and functional design as an alternative window covering. Here’s what you need to know about cassette blinds and their benefits.
What Are Cassette Blinds?
A cassette is a narrow (mostly plastic) box where the curtain collects into a roll. The box is decorated so it’s aesthetically pleasing and it is part of your interior décor. The location of the cassette, the design and other accessories such as cords, clips and chain help propel the window covering.
There are 3 types of cassette blinds depending on the shape of the cassette. These are angular, round and flat. Cassette blinds only move to the horizon. The box is usually fixed at the top part of the window and the curtain descends perpendicular to the slopes on the side windows.
The types of products include roll and horizontal cassette. Here are some of the benefits of each.
- The Roll Cassettes
They are curtain fabric usually wound up on a roll. Some of the benefits of this include:
- They cover the entire surface of the window and sit at the desired height without any hassles.
- Depending on the density of the fabric, they will not transmit any light into the room. That’s why they are perfect for bedrooms and other private areas in your home.
- You can fix the roll cassette blinds separately on each leaf so you can regulate the natural light in the room.
- They are compact so they don’t take up a lot of space as window coverings.
- They are durable so you can use them for a long time without any worries about wear and tear.
- They are easy to maintain. Simply soak them in soapy water and clean the dirt or debris.
- Horizontal Cassette Blinds
They are folded and placed in a box attached to the top part of the window. Some of the advantages of the horizontal cassette blinds include:
- They are easy to clean. Simply wipe them with a damp cloth.
- They are very easy to install.
- They come in different colours so you can choose one of your favourite colours for any room in your house,
- They are stable in the face of strong winds.
- They offer complete privacy when installed in any room in your house.
When looking to finishing a room, vertical cassette blinds are a common way to go. As well as helping you control the light and privacy they offer a way to decorate your room.
- Ideal for a wide range of window styles
- Can be used for patio doors and French windows
- Upright tilted blinds come in a variety of widths and drops for your window
In conclusion, cassette blinds have become popular in a lot of residential and commercial buildings. Try them out and enjoy these and many more benefits.